In this post i’ll tell you guys how to use a flash drive or pen drive as a RAM for WIN7, VISTA and XP.
So let’s begin.Increasing the PC’s RAM using USB Flash Drive will help also enhance Game performance and decrease the time of execution of some tasks made by software.
1) For WIN7/VISTA
1. Insert your pen drive and then format it.
2. Right click on your pen drive and then click on properties.
3. Now navigate to ReadyBoost tab, click on it and then Use this device. (Right click on the drive -> Properties -> ReadyBoost-> Use this device)
4. Choose maximum space or better choose around 80% of USB Drive’s size .
5) Click on Ok tab and then restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
- NEVER pull usb flash drive out of USB Port while it is being used as a ReadyBoost device.
- Do NOT save any data files on the FLASH/USB drive when it is being used as ReadyBoost device.
Now you are all set to use your computer with increased RAM
2 For Windows XP
1) Firstly, insert your Flash Drive.
2) Right Click on Computer > Properties
3) Now click on advanced tab and then click on performance
That’s it. You have converted your USB flash drive into RAM. Now you can access your computer with increased RAM and higher speed
Filed in: How To