Google’s AdWords Keyword Tool allowed people to see which keywords to focus on for better SEO.
Search Engine Optimization base perfectlylies in the Keywords!!
But it has been replaced by the Keyword Planner that will only show historical stats for exact matches!!
With Keyword Planner, Google has combined the functionality of Keyword Tool and Traffic Estimator which would make it easier to plan search campaigns. Google Keyword Tool is no longer available.
The Keyword Planner is a more focused version of the Google Keyword Tool and AdWords Traffic Estimator tool!!
Now, the focus is on making it easier for advertisers to get through the process of creating ad campaigns and new ad groups.
If you want to use the Keyword Planner Tool, you need to sign in to you AdWords account.
The Keyword Tool showed you broad match statistics by default along with ability to get the data for other match types, like phrase and exact match, etc.
But Keyword Planner would give historical statistics only for exact match.
So in order to decide what match type to use, you need to add the keyword idea to your plan and review the traffic estimates for each of the match type.
And this change would help us get an accurate estimate of how much traffic one can expect to get from different match types.
The other changes include removal of the ad share and search share columns. Also, the Google Search Network column has been replaced by a network option in the targetting settings present there. Thus the data for the entire search network can now be found out by selecting the Google and search partners targeting option.
The old tool present were more of general purpose and unstructured tools. They could easilt be used for many things like Keyword Research for SEO.
The Keyword Planner will make the process of building a new Search Network campaign and refining existing campaign more and more efficient.
You can easily modify the keyword and ad group idea report via an interface which eliminates the need to load the entire page. Also, the exclusion or inclusion of certain words along with applying the keyword filters can be done as the content refreshes quickly.
The Keyword Planner makes the process of building a new Search Network campaign amd refining an existing campaign more efficient than before.
- Research keywords. If you need help in finding keywords to add to a new campaign or if you want to find additional keywords for adding to an an existing campaign, then you can search for keyword and ad groups ideas based on terms which are relevant to your category
- Get historical statistics and traffic estimates. You can also use the statistics like search volume which would help you decide which keywords to use for a new or existing campaign. Also you can get various estimates such as estimated clicks, etc. These estimates can help your decision on which bids and budgets you should set.
- The Keyword Tool used to show statistics for desktop & laptop searches only but the Keyword Planner now shows search statistics for all devices.
- Broad, “Phrase” and [Exact] were the 3 search volume types that you could choose from when doing your keyword research but now Google has removed these. In KEyword planner one can only see the [Exact] matched results/
- The Keyword Tool showed the local & global monthly searches earlier. But the Keyword Planner now shows average monthly searches which are based on your specific targetting settings for Adwords .
- The Cost per Click for Adwords Ads is now shown in a column Average CPC.
Filed in: Tech News